Listen to the Cook-Off-Before-Kick-Off here:
http://investingtips360.com/?klaystrofobiya=%D9%83%D9%8A%D9%81-%D9%8A%D8%AA%D9%85-%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%B9-%D9%88%D8%B4%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%A1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%B3%D9%87%D9%85&190=fa It was Spain’s turn on the cook-off-before-kick-off on July 2nd and knowing how popular I am when I bring in sweets and treats to the BBC Three Counties Studios, I could not resist the temptation to make Churros. These deep fried doughnut tubes are a true taste of my childhood. They were the highlight of any holiday to Spain, either served simply with caster sugar for dipping or, a little more indulgently, with thick hot chocolate. They are actually remarkably easy to make – although I didn’t let Archie go anywhere near the deep fryer when I was cooking the batches. It would not be an understatement to say, though, that I have never seen him enjoy a treat quite as much as he enjoyed dipping the churros in the rich, creamy hot chocolate sauce…http://theshopsonelpaseo.com/?syzen=%D8%AA%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%88%D9%84-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%B3%D9%87%D9%85-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D9%8A%D8%A9&820=f8
go to link Preparation time 5 minutes, plus 30 minutes chilling
Cooking time 20-25 minutes
http://theshopsonelpaseo.com/?syzen=%D8%AA%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%88%D9%84-%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%B9%D8%A7%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%B3%D9%87%D9%85-%D9%88%D8%AA%D9%88%D8%B2%D9%8A%D8%B9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%B9&c96=83 For the churros:
250g plain flour
Small pinch of salt
50g unsalted butter
300-400ml vegetable oil for frying
2-3 tbsp caster sugar for dusting
http://parts.powercut.co.uk/?risep=%D8%AB%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%A6%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AE%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D9%88%D8%A8%D9%88%D8%AA-%D9%85%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AC%D8%B9%D8%A9-%D8%B5%D8%A7%D8%AF%D9%82%D8%A9&ac4=58 For the hot chocolate:
150g chocolate, at least 70% cocoa, grated
300ml double cream
A small drop of vanilla extract
1 cinnamon stick
- To make the churros mix, melt the butter in a pan on a low heat. Add the water and bring it to the boil.
- Pour the hot liquid into a bowl containing the flour and stir really well using a wooden spoon to make a smooth and rather thick paste. Chill the paste for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Prepare the hot chocolate before you fry the churros by bringing the double cream, cinnamon stick and vanilla extract to the boil. Remove the cinnamon stick, then throw in the grated chocolate and mix until it melts. Set aside and cook the churros.
- Heat the oil to approximately 180C/ 350F/ Gas Mark 4. Put the churros mix into a piping bag with a large star nozzle. When the oil is hot, pipe 8-10cm lengths of the mix directly into the pan. You don’t want to overcrowd the oil so cook 4 pieces at a time. Fry the churros until they are cooked through and golden. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Take the churros out of the pan using a slotted spoon and drain them on some kitchen paper. Roll them while they are still warm in sugar and cook the rest of the churros mix.
- Serve the churros still warm with the hot chocolate.