VIDEO - My "Buffaloaf" meatloaf
Makes 8 chunky slices
Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
Preheat your oven to 180ºC/ Gas Mark 4
600g beef mince
1 small onion, chopped
2 sticks celery, chopped
100g sage and onion stuffing
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine together the beef, the onion, the celery and the stuffing. Hands are better than spoons for this!
- Mix in the eggs before adding in a few really good squirts of tomato purée. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mixture into your loaf tin, smoothing it out on top (don’t push down too hard on it though, you don’t want it to get too packed in).
- Slather the top with ketchup, just like the Buffaloaf, and bake in the oven for exactly an hour.
- The meatloaf is ready if a skewer comes out of the middle piping hot. If you like your topping extra crispy, just up the oven temperature to 200ºC for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Serve warm or, my personal favourite, cold in a sandwich with brown sauce!
disclaimer: I was paid by Sony to produce this video